Thursday 10 April 2014

Does New Moon Mean Something Divine?


NO!

2:189 They ask you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) about the new moons. Say: These are signs to mark fixed periods of time for mankind and for the pilgrimage. ....

10:5  It is He Who made the sun a shining thing and the moon as a light and measured out for it stages that you might know the number of years and the reckoning. Allah did not create this but in truth. He explains the Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) in detail for people who have knowledge. 





36:37And a sign to them is the night: We draw forth from it the day, then lo! they are in the dark;
36:38And the sun runs on to a term appointed for it; that is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knowing.
36:39And (as for) the moon, We have ordained for it stages till it becomes again as an old dry palm branch.
36:40Neither is it allowable to the sun that it should overtake the moon, nor can the night outstrip the day; and all float on in a sphere.

STORY OF PROPHET ABRAHIM (A.)

6:74And when Ibrahim said to his sire, Azar: Do you take idols for gods? Surely I see you and your people in manifest error.
6:75And thus did We show Ibrahim the kingdom of the heavens and the earth and that he might be of those who are sure.
6:76So when the night over-shadowed him, he saw a star; said he: Is this my Lord? So when it set, he said: I do not love the setting ones.
6:77Then when he saw the moon rising, he said: Is this my Lord? So when it set, he said: If my Lord had not guided me I should certainly be of the erring people.
6:78Then when he saw the sun rising, he said: Is this my Lord? Is this the greatest? So when it set, he said: O my people! surely I am clear of what you set up (with Allah).
6:79Surely I have turned myself, being upright, wholly to Him Who originated the heavens and the earth, and I am not of the polytheists.
6:80And his people disputed with him. He said: Do you dispute with me respecting Allah? And He has guided me indeed; and I do not fear in any way those that you set up with Him, unless my Lord pleases; my Lord comprehends all things in His knowledge; will you not then mind?
6:81And how should I fear what you have set up (with Him), while you do not fear that you have set up with Allah that for which He has not sent down to you any authority; which then of the two parties is surer of security, if you know?
6:82Those who believe and do not mix up their faith with iniquity, those are they who shall have the security and they are those who go aright.
6:83And this was Our argument which we gave to Ibrahim against his people; We exalt in dignity whom We please; surely your Lord is Wise, Knowing.
..........................

Should Muslim take the New Moon (Hilaal) as a Symbol to create any confusion? 



Do you know Non-Muslim think that Muslims believe in the old Moon Godess of Pagans (Na'aouzubillah!)



Think!!



No comments:

Post a Comment